Monday, November 7, 2022

Once Upon a Time

I began this blog as a coping mechanism when we started our journey back in 2013. Writing has always been a release for me, and something I enjoyed. The place to let it all out and have the words and feelings flow through your fingertips and onto the screen.  This blog was started to share my journey to becoming a parent through surrogacy, it became an outlet to share the not so glamorous feelings that accompany it, the ones we don't like to show others, the ones we keep inside and battle alone. The jealousy, the hurt, the pain, the stress, the heartbreak. 

But fast forward to today, November 7, 2022, and here I am now with a different narrative, a different feeling.  I just sat here and literally scrolled through all of my previous posts while smiling through tears. Today I get to look back at my story and realize that although it did not go exactly as we planned, it may be even better. So much has changed, so many things have happened. To share the stories of now, first we need to know the tales of then. So, story time it is. Once upon a time....

This tale doesn't start with a princess in a castle, instead with a hysterectomy at the age of 24.  I have always had the dream to become a mother, and children were always a part of my plans for, "when I grew up." In 2011, I met the love of my life. We discussed our future, which for both of us included becoming parents. We decided to complete IVF shortly after getting engaged and successfully created 8 embryos.  Our plan was to freeze those embryos for a short period, and then find our angel to carry our baby and live happily ever after. 

But as we all know, life is not a fairytale and plans have a tendency to not go the way we intended. This fairytale may not have had the easiest start, but I promise the ending is magical. We invite you to join us on our journey to earn the best titles we have ever worked for, Mom and Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment